Saturday, January 14, 2012

A cold Saturday night

Thursday and Friday marked the 46th anniversary of the debut of the Batman television series.  This anniversary has become as much of a holiday for me as the usual ones, because it was a special moment for me personally.  For the first time, it seemed like the medium had truly become mine, not that of my parents, and it was the first TRULY colour show.


One performer I took special notice of was Jill St. John, who was 25 at that time.  Funnily, part of that was her name listing; I thought the "St." portion referred to Street, not Saint, as I had a real interest in roads and traffic signals at that time.  Her demise had an impact on me as well.


This year, because of my late working hours, I could not see the episodes at the usual time.  I did celebrate with pizza, though, and it was a pleasure as always.  It was a real reminder of the creative life I lead.


And the pilot inspired me to produce Batman 1969, and now is inspiring me to go ahead with Carrie's World.


On another note, my economic plans have become more clearly defined.  I am looking for a "day job" as an administrative assistant, in the Albany, NY area.  I have worked such duties for years, and know it would work out well.


However … it looks like I may pursue a career as a Ben Franklin impersonator.  That idea arose when attending the New Jersey Comic Expo in November.  I will get the costuming once my tax refund arrives this spring, and then I can see about working on my performance so that I can attend venues and earn some money.


Additionally, I am interested in working as a film extra in New York.  We'll see how all that works out.  Whatever the case, I look forward to something that is better than the life I have on this cold Saturday night in New York's Southern Tier, an economically depressed region.  

No comments: