Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Making headway on Batman 1969

Much to my delight, I have been able to do some editing on Batman 1969.  Regrettably, I have had to contend with fatigue, as well as employment that is frustrating to deal with.


I confess that there is frustration.  I want to purchase a second LCD monitor for the video editing.  Better yet, I would like to get a 15-inch or so LCD television.  The benefits would be many: I currently do not own a TV, and I could use this as an external monitor for my video camera.  I saw one today at Radio Shack for $135.


Toshiba 15LV505 15.6-Inch Widescreen LCD TV with Built-in DVD Player (Black)
HP 2010i 20-Inch Diagonal HD Ready LCD Monitor - Black
However, I have other needs to contend with, such as new rear tires and eyeglasses.  The tires are necessary for state inspection, scheduled for October.  And I need glasses.  And then there are other things, such as getting a new car stereo, since my current unit has not worked properly for some time.


I should not complain, since there are indeed so many people out of work.  But if I can get these aids for editing the film, so much the better.   This is a complex film to edit.  Yes, some may think this is a bad thing I did, but this is my film, and my story.


And Batman 1969 does matter.  It is a precursor to Carrie's World; the infrastructure obtained for the making of the fan film can be used for the fan series.


I hope to have the Prologue, Act 1 and Act 2 completed by next Monday (2 August), with the remainder of the film edited by (I hope) the end of August or so.

No comments: